Sunday, August 26, 2012

Leaving the Faith



This homily, from a favorite priest of mine, brings tears to my eyes.  Because of my immense love for Christ and His church, I feel deep sadness in my heart for people who have left the Church;  for all who really don't know the faith and the beauty of its Truth;  for all who don't "agree" with Church teachings because they don't really know what it teaches or why, or because they've succumbed to secular worldviews (what the world and our culture says is right for us);  for those who don't know or believe in the true presence of Christ in the Eucharist;  for those who haven't been taught the faith (or not taught correctly), or who don't have good role models showing them how to LIVE the faith;  and for all whom are Catholic by culture or birth only and they just "go through the motions". 

If one's heart isn't truly in the faith, whether or not you attend Mass regularly, and you proclaim to be a Catholic Christian but yet don't truly live the faith and/or just go through the motions, then you've already left the Church.  I'm not judging anyone.  I'm purely stating the unfortunate reality of where so many people are in their lives right now.  My heart aches for them, and I pray for them.

God bless this priest for speaking what God needs the world to hear.  God's peace and love be with you, today and always.


No comments:

Post a Comment