Friday, October 5, 2012

"Does It Really Matter If I Vote?"



This 30 second video is so cute and has a VERY powerful message!

When I was in my 20's, before marriage and before children, I didn't really care about politics.  I had my own opinions about some things, and so I claimed to agree with a particular party, but I didn't exercise my right to vote.  I didn't think my one, little vote would matter.
 
And then I had my own family, and that changed everything.  I became passionate about certain issues and protecting this country's future for my kids' sake.  It's so important to vote!  EVERY vote DOES matter!
 
I 'd like to talk to people reading this who may have never voted before.  I use to be afraid of going to the polls and not knowing what to do, and looking like an idiot.  That was ridiculous of me, because it's SO EASY!  The volunteer workers will show you exactly where to go and exactly what to do, and they aren't going to wave a big, red flag and blow a bull-horn to announce that you've never voted before, and then laugh at you.  They're very helpful and HAPPY that you're there!
 
You might think, "My vote is just one, measly vote", but you can't think that way.  When you vote, and people hear, or know that you voted, that starts a movement.  I guarantee that will encourage someone else to vote (if not now, at a future election), for example a co-worker or two, a friend, a younger sibling, or even your own kids one day.
 
You might think, "I don't know anything about the candidates, or understand anything about politics, the government, or the issues."  While it's good to know as much as you can, that's NOT a requirement to vote.  Pick at least one topic, ask around, or Google it, and learn what each candidate proposes.  For example, if you feel strongly about being pro-life or pro-choice, learn what each candidate endorses about it and what their plans are for running the government regarding that issue.  That is enough to vote.

For those of us who plan on voting this election, ask others if they're going to vote (coworkers, friends, your family).  ENCOURAGE them to vote.  Encourage everyone you know to vote.  It doesn't mean you're trying to have a conversation with them about politics, just leave it as a question of whether they're going to vote or not.  You never know what an inspiration you might be! 

Now, my warning... if you do feeling even the slightest bit of interest about something that's a political issue this election, and you DON'T vote, you're just breathing air.  Why then does anything matter to you?  You're a child of God and your opinions and rights matter!   And don't you at least owe it to future generations, or your legacy (your children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, etc.) to take a stand and take action for something important?  Please.  Please get out and vote, and encourage other to vote too.  Millions of lives are depending on it - not just right now, but your vote this election affects the future too!
 
Register to vote right now!  Click on graphic below.


 
 
God, please bless American, and Holy Mother please pray for us.



No comments:

Post a Comment